MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
You were in need of a new cap and rotor. I mean look at the prong on the top right. It's completely bent over.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
You were in need of a new cap and rotor. I mean look at the prong on the top right. It's completely bent over.
yeah theyre actually supposed to look like that, just not all chewed away. There was even one section where it looks like the crescent shaped metal bit on the rotor came into contact with the inside of the cap somehow

S

·
0 Posts
Ghettoraid said:
yeah theyre actually supposed to look like that, just not all chewed away. There was even one section where it looks like the crescent shaped metal bit on the rotor came into contact with the inside of the cap somehow
ummmm,... no it doesnt,. my distributor cap doesnt looking like that on the inside...

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
DISTRIBUTES the electrical current to the appropriate spark plug at the appropriate time.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
shimric said:
ummmm,... no it doesnt,. my distributor cap doesnt looking like that on the inside...
Dude... the metal thing hes talkign about is molded into the plastic on an angle, two of them are, two of them arent. There is no way this could have happened except on purpose. Do I need to go fishing through the trash can to prove you wrong?

S

·
0 Posts
^^ yes... all of mine are the same... they all stand up.

edit: I just took a glance at your profile and you have a turbo,. im n/a. that might be one of the differences in our distributor caps. but the 4 little contact points on my distributor cap stand up...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts