MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't figure this out.. I dont think I've ever seen my lower driving lights turn on... should they come on with the headlights?

·
Premium Member
11,234 Posts
Are you possibly talking about the "marker lights"? The amber ones are your turn signals. The clear kinda teardrop shapped lights are your fog lights as posted above. Good luck :D....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definitely talking about the driving lights not the signals

yeah i tried the switch, its set to "on" so I'm assuming my bulbs are burnt out... ive already asked in another thread but, are the bulbs easy to replace? do i just reach in from the back and unscrew?

·
Registered
758 Posts
if your talking about the headlights, just look at the front when they are popped up and unscrew the four screws. Pull out the old bulb, throw in a new one and your good to go. i did it in less than half an hour and I'm the worst mechanic ever...lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jarhead_jr said:
if your talking about the headlights, just look at the front when they are popped up and unscrew the four screws. Pull out the old bulb, throw in a new one and your good to go. i did it in less than half an hour and I'm the worst mechanic ever...lol
naw the uh driving lights, these:

·
Registered
811 Posts
-Those are easy, it'll take you about 15-20 minutes depending if the screws are rusted or not. Just unscrew the 2 screws at the top of the lights, twist the harness and pull out the light. It should be pretty straight forward from there. If anything im sure there's a diagram in the online BGB.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lyer said:
-Those are easy, it'll take you about 15-20 minutes depending if the screws are rusted or not. Just unscrew the 2 screws at the top of the lights, twist the harness and pull out the light. It should be pretty straight forward from there. If anything im sure there's a diagram in the online BGB.
yeah i checked the bgb, theres only stuff about the headlights

are the screws on the back?

·
Monkeys are Funny
1,288 Posts
If the screws aren't rusted, you're golden. If they are.... Well, I had to buy a very very very long drill bit... It sucked...

-Eric

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ghettoraid said:
Nice background! (I might be biased since it's my car...;))

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd make sure that power is going to the fog lights first before changing the bulbs. I'd check either at the lights themselves or after the relay that turns them on. Since both of them are out, there is a possibility that you have a problem other than burned out bulbs. :2cents:

·
Registered
811 Posts
913sgte said:
anyone know how to adjust the foglights? one of mine is aimed higher than the headlamps.
-There is a small screw in front of the fog lights, on the black trim on the top I believe. You adjust the angle with that.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
KennyC said:
Nice background! (I might be biased since it's my car...;))

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd make sure that power is going to the fog lights first before changing the bulbs. I'd check either at the lights themselves or after the relay that turns them on. Since both of them are out, there is a possibility that you have a problem other than burned out bulbs. :2cents:
heh nice car, reminds me of mine

where are relays +fuses located?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Ghettoraid said:
heh nice car, reminds me of mine

Ghettoraid said:
where are relays +fuses located?
From the "Modification to MkII MR2 Fog Lights" article on mr2.com...
Marcus Hall said:
Follow the circuit on the '94 wiring diagram: The fog lights are controlled by a relay in the front trunk (on the right side). Control of the fog lights is accomplished by controlling this relay. As shipped from the factory, the control circuit is powered through the high beam filaments, through the relay coil, then through the control switch. In the '91-92 models, the other side of the control switch is routed directly to ground (or so it appears), but in the '93+ models it is routed through the retract control relay (on the left side in the front trunk), through the headlight switch, and then to ground.
IIRC the fuses are located in the frunk fuse box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts