MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are anythings I can do to stop fuel cut?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says I can avoid fuel cut all together if I unplug some "hose". Which hose would this be? What are the downsides to doing this?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, on the passenger side of the engine bay in the rear corner (closest to the right tail light in the engine bay) I see a black plastic lookin box by a grey plastic box that says diagnostic on it. Anyways, the black plastic box has a black hose leading into it, is this the one we are talking about? I ran into fuel cut again today, and luckily it didnt bog my ____ down cuz I let off the gas right when it happened.

·
Registered
676 Posts
L J said:
u should buy a fcd... it will do u good in the long run and its better than pluging the hose...
Then you are limited to 17psi. Proper boost control wont allow spiking, just pull the hose ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well for now, since I avg less than 20 miles on my MR2 a week, could someone tell me which hose it is that is ruining all the fun? If you guys really think I should build a FCD, than Ill do it down the road, but I have not figured out what the hose connects too, or what its connecting to looks like. Any1 have pics or could just give me a lengthy detailed description of which hose were talking about that I want unplugged just for now.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Anyways, the black plastic box has a black hose leading into it, is this the one we are talking about?
...give me a lengthy detailed description of which hose were talking about that I want unplugged...
Yes, that's the boost presure senosr. it probably has a label that says "sensor assy-turbo pressure".

There is only one hose attached to it. How much info you need to disconnect one hose?

bill

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If thats the hose I need to disconnect, than this thread is offically.....du du du duuuhhh...done.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts