MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on running my mr2 in the grassroots challenge, I need advice on what I can do to max the engine power at a very limited budget, I will be doing the standard suspension mods, but hp will be my biggest requirement to get anywhere near competitive

·
Registered
938 Posts
You might want to think about weight reduction and weight distribution. Your car will feel more balanced, making you a little more agile with weight distribution. The weight loss is a free way to accomplish the same thing as increasing hp. I think both these things should be tied together.

·
Registered
938 Posts
As I was thinking about weight reduction and looking at my old engine pics, I came to the conclusion that cleaning the engine would serve two purposed. #1 - weight reduction. I'm sure you chould shed a pound or two of that **** all over the engine. #2 Engine will run cooler. That stuff acts as insulation trapping the heat in the block.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Drop the pounds. and you can turbo or supercharge that engine. but don't push much bost or you could pop something. but you can get some out of it.

·
cages R slow
1,981 Posts
nitros will make an impression for sure.... and is the cheapest HP u can buy

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
u could bore out the intake manifold ur self... bigger throttle body from some random car... mill the head or get a smaller HG to rase commpression

what are the stipulations to the event?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You have $2005 to spend, including cost of the car. You can only get more money buy selling off current parts on the car. I think that's how it goes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The rules are no more than $2005 for the car and mods, you can sell parts to recoup some funds (up to $1002.50). Anything else is legal. Oh and my car is a MK1 1986 na. The event has a drag race, an autocros and a show n shine

1 - 20 of 30 Posts