MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn I heard I would have to bend the lines to fit the 94 turbo master cylinder. I'm going from a 92 turbo with abs to a 94 turbo w/abs master cylinder. It looks like it will bolt right on. Is this the right one, any way to tell?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I checked rock auto but i don't like thier site but from what i see is that there are 2 diffrent master cylinders. I would find another dealer type site and check it for yourself. I am going to check Emurst Toyota and Scion now.

Edit: God i love elmhurst Toyota Heres the part number for the 92 master cylinder 4720117160 from them atleast. Thats the 1992 part number.

Here is the 94 part number 4720117160. It seems they are the exact same things. Rock auto was wierd but straight from toyota your fine. But if you bought some diffrent brand i don't know.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's really wierd because I was told that to upgrade to 93+ brakes I needed a new master cylinder. I have the new one but I thought the lines were going to be on opposite sides from what I had read. I checked partznet but they don't seem to give part numbers. Can anyone else give me any input?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so the master cylinders will look exactly the same? The only part number I can find is the one on the resevoir and they are the same for both 92 and 94. The part number on the box is different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts