MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a pic of my headrest mount that I made a couple months ago. It cost me 13 dollars total for all the parts. I designed it so that I can make interchangable tubes for other headrests. The posable pivot can be mounted in three different holes that are different distances from the headrest.

When I get the right software to convert the files, I'll upload some videos. The video recording is pretty steady, even though I'm riding on Tein Flex's and have urethane filled mounts.

·
Registered
673 Posts
looks good, I was going to do the same thing but I have a CD storage box there (that I dont want to take out.)

·
Premium Member
13,121 Posts
killwitten819 said:
looks good, I was going to do the same thing but I have a CD storage box there (that I dont want to take out.)
There's still pleanty of room for a camera, you just cant make the bar as long.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stable enough, so far. I drilled the holes for the headrest to pass thru perfectly. I put thick rubber washers under the holes. The headrest also helps keep it stable by sandwiching it.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sargdesigns said:
What is/where did you get the piece that the camera pivots on?
It's the top half of a mini camera mount that I found at Sears for 8 bucks. I search all over for a mount like this. I'd tell you more about it but I can't find the package. I did have to modify it to make it work.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
I can supply the mount that provides adjustment and attaches to the camcorder. It can be bolted down to the alum bar for you do-it-yourselfers. No modification needed.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RandyC said:
I can supply the mount that provides adjustment and attaches to the camcorder. It can be bolted down to the alum bar for you do-it-yourselfers. No modification needed.
'
How much?

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
See here-
http://www.chasecam.com/mounts-suction.htm

It is the part on top of the Suction Mount.

Normal retail is $15.00, I can sell it for $10.00 to MR2OC. It easily attaches with a 1/4-20 bolt and provides full adjustability with an easy knob on the side to tighten things up.

Call me if you want one. 619 583-4193
I might be hard to get ahold of right now... the business is going nuts. We have a guy coming on Monday to help man the phones and help take orders.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
edit to say we no longer sell headrest mounts.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RandyC said:
See here-
http://www.chasecam.com/mounts-suction.htm

It is the part on top of the Suction Mount.

Normal retail is $15.00, I can sell it for $10.00 to MR2OC. It easily attaches with a 1/4-20 bolt and provides full adjustability with an easy knob on the side to tighten things up.

Call me if you want one. 619 583-4193
I might be hard to get ahold of right now... the business is going nuts. We have a guy coming on Monday to help man the phones and help take orders.
Cool. I'll order one soon.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RandyC said:
Also, nothing wrong with do-it-yourselfing... but we do offer a full headrest mount with adjustability.

Black for $44.95

Use coupon mr2-ship for free shipping (only on this product)
I wanted to buy that mount from you but I am jobless due to school. Also I wanted to design a mount that doesn't noticeably raise the MR2 headrest.

·
Stealth Moderator
1,284 Posts
PINOIZE said:
Cool. I'll order one soon.

Call me directly for the private MR2OC "jobless due to school" discount. :)

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL. This is why MR2OC is awesome. It selflessly supports every member. Even the full-time bums! That's me.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
keith mcvey said:
Pinoize, if you can swing 2 of them I'll buy one off of you and pay for shipping. It would cool to meet another member.
I think, we actually have met before. We took auto-x driving school together IIRC. Anyway, what did you want to order? The top half of the suction mount from Randy? or an actual mount?

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I want the pivot ball mount part, I have a mount similar to yours and I cant get the camera to point down enough with the mount that I have. As far as meeting you.....my bad. You have a black MR2 right? I'm really bad at remembering people.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts