MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I should have known....no car could be as sweet as an MR2.....with the capability to produce this kind of power.....without being this expensive to maintain.

I just picked up a low mileage 91T and have been doing the whole performance parts shopping....not so pricey compared to my old DSM....but then I started checking the prices of OEM replacement parts (O2 sensor, oil level sensor, throttle body, etc). Holy Frijoles! This is going to be an expensive hobby!

Sorry...no questions, just a rant.

Jim

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
lol.. yeah.. you should check out the price difference between a 2.5" DP to a 3.0" . Yeah this is an expensive hobby but its worth it :D

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
It's no secret toyota OEM parts are pricier than other manufacturer's counterparts. Get a shop account and use the discounts.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
hrmmm I saved money comgin from my vr4....

all about perspective

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Remember to use www.partznet.com if you aren't already...much cheaper than list prices, generally.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
yes use partznet.com .. or craiggieB on this board .. . nice guy who works at toyota in PA ! ;) ..

dont pay retail!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
They cost more cause you usually dont have to replace them as much. The common things you have to replace like distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, clutches, starters, alternators arent really anymore expensive than any other car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts