MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this new product on the market, it seems to come from a established aftermarket supplier Holley. The reviews seem to indicate acceptance from the racing community. The sizing options might work for my Supercharger Model gas tank.

I've experienced fuel filtering problems, mainly greatly increased maintenance of this tiny filter "sock" at the base of the fuel pump in my 30 year old tank. Probably because I live in 90F temps most of the year and the age of my tank. (The temps lead to slimy conditions.)

I'd like to adapt this "HYDRAMAT" as a sort of pre-filter which may extend the life of the sock. Any performance seekers have any experience yet with this new product? :nerd:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/hydramat/

·
Registered
164 Posts
The main benefit is that you can run this in an un baffled/sumped tank ( carb style tank) without having to feed a surge tank when going from carb to efi. Some EFI tanks aren't that great when they get low but most still pick up fuel coming out of a corner. It wouldn't be worth the trouble just to use as a filter. You could be it would be a lot of work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts