MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think you'd need some super sticky tires for that to happen. I have a picture of that red 4AGTE doin a wheelie, but he's got slicks on. I thought the V8 MR2 was to be designed for the street?

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is... and that is with 225 45 17 street rear tires.

here is the final plots. the torque curve for the Northstar is a bit off, I have to fine tune it to other dyno runs, but this is pretty acurate. I guessed a bit with the width of the car as I think I increased the body track by 6 inches in the rear. I have also decrease shift time a bit, but my shift computer can shift much faster

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
500hp with 225s? lol I don't think you'll be doing wheelies on that setup. :p

Man I can't wait till this thing runs, it's gonna be awesome.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
So where are you gonna be able to find 4.5 miles of flat straight land to hit 211 besides Bonneville? :p

Oh, and throw some slicks with a removable wheelie bar on it. Would be cool to see a MK1 stand up.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I drove my dad's new '01 Cadillac DTS the other day.. pretty slick! It gets up and goes pretty decently, but its got hella torque-steer with the traction control on.. with it off it spins for a second them hooks and goes! Pretty slick car.. sooo many features like the suspension gets stiffer and lowers 1.5" when you're on it hard, and its got infared camera mounted in the grill w/ HUD.. etc..

Sorry, off topic hehe.. but yeah, I was suprized when that thing burried the tach! If the Toystar doesnt have problems, it should be pretty quick..

Brando

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
BRANDO0o0O said:
If the Toystar doesnt have problems...
Do you know Bill? :smile:

Seriously, he's had some setbacks in the past with highly anticipated projects. I'm hoping this one comes off without a(nother) hitch! And I wouldn't want to be in ANY MR2 at 200+ mph!!!

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
You need to modify the torque curve to reflect the turbo spool-up. Also, you need a limiter on acceleration holding you to approximately 1.1G, and a new frontal area reflecting the wider rear flares. Real world numbers will most probably yield a 0-60 around 3.5, a low 11 quarter in the 120's, and a top speed more like 200.

Still lots of fun. ;)

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
ITA-MR2 said:
You need to modify the torque curve to reflect the turbo spool-up. Also, you need a limiter on acceleration holding you to approximately 1.1G, and a new frontal area reflecting the wider rear flares. Real world numbers will most probably yield a 0-60 around 3.5, a low 11 quarter in the 120's, and a top speed more like 200.

Still lots of fun. ;)

was gonna say that a 0-60mph time of 2.87 would make it the quickest street legal car in the world minus top fuel cars, I think the current record is 3.0sec flat and if i remember correctly that was by a twin engine, twin turbo hayabusa powered lotus 7? correct me if i'm wrong

steve

·
Registered
8,297 Posts
so Bill at NA2005 you should be pulling 10's in your V8MR2 right? ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey Bill,

Don't listen to Norm (truth is irrelevant, perception is everything!). Instead, you have to add the additional horses from the RSM decals and coffee can exhaust you'll get from ebay.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Those are the old specs.
There is 2 of them at The mustang coral which is about 100 yards away from my house
i have seen both of them do 2.9 with the new 6 speed trans.
Also the numbers on the web site are on pump gas with no tuning.
just turn up the boost and away we go.

Max

·
Registered
167 Posts
Production car 0 to 60 isn't the same as fastest measured street legal 0 to 60. Motor Trend tested one of ligenfelter's twin turbo vettes at 1.9 sec 0 to 60 and it had a warantee

·
Registered
344 Posts
Max_Misawa said:
The NOBLE M12 GTO does 0~60 in 2.9

Max
Nope, not stock anyway. I've driven the new M12 and rode in an M400. (It helps to live a few minutes away from the sole North american importer for them)

M12 0-60 is 3.9 with the 6 speed
M400 0-60 is 3.2

Flat out the fastest, best handling cars I've ever driven.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts