MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody out there use these? A search turned up very little http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=11000&highlight=hks+pillow

I'd like to know anything you have to share including:
what needs to be reused to install these
how well the springs seat
Do they work with Eibach Sportlines OK (I assume it doesn't make a difference)
How it affects the ride (noticeable?)
How well they are made
If they result in creaking noises and anything detrimental to enjoying them?

·
Registered
601 Posts
I believe the HKS mounts do not have camber adjustment on the front or rear mounts.

I have the tein mounts. They have front adjustment for camber but not rear. But you have to remove the strut in order to adjust so i haven't used the adjustment at all.

The mounts only replace the old mounts. For the front you reuse the top spring seat also. The rear doesn't have a top spring seat, so it is just the mount.

The ride is stiffer, but only noticably so on rough roads. Good roads it is not too harsh. The biggest downside i believe is the added noise created by the mounts.

John
91T

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
The HKS is made to fit the stock suspension. The Tein was purposely designed for the tein coilovers. I have a front tein adjustable mount. I never noticed any noise. I have a tein ha. I will be installing the hks rear mount on my tein coilover. The rear tein is mount is identical to stock rear mount, therefore the hks will work fine.

The benefits of the mounts is worthy more in the track than just regular driving in my opinion.

·
Registered
601 Posts
The Tein pillowball mount was also designed to fit the stock suspension as the mounts were designed to fit the tein ha which were designed to retain the stock upper mounts.

When I say noise i am meaning road noise, and most of that comes from the rear mounts not the front mounts.

John
91T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts