MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'91 Turbo with a JDM '93 swap
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be my harness that I made - but aside from that what else should I check? Sometimes I crank and it will fire then die. Sometimes won’t fire.
Symptoms: hit bump and even in gear RPM said zero. No spark. One bump it did say zero then it jumped back up to operating. Then next bump zero and dead.
Car was running fine before. Not a timing belt as it will start then die. Ecu appears to be fine as CEL comes on 93 swapped 91 3SGTE. Gen 2

·
Registered
238 Posts
Strange. I was going to guess a loose ground, but that doesn't make sense. Completely shooting in the dark here - check the pigtail that plugs into the distributor. They can be quite dicey as it is hot there when there is inevitable oil leak there it drips onto the connector. Maybe one was loose and the bump did it in?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strange. I was going to guess a loose ground, but that doesn't make sense. Completely shooting in the dark here - check the pigtail that plugs into the distributor. They can be quite dicey as it is hot there when there is inevitable oil leak there it drips onto the connector. Maybe one was loose and the bump did it in?
It's secure, will have to check it though

Everything else is fine. Tried two ecus. Starts and dies. I don't see anything else wrong

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ICM plug is broken and came loose

1 - 7 of 7 Posts