MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

THis is a question to all those using 9:1 compression ratio pistons...so anyone with JEs CPs etc etc....What is the highest boost you've run safely without detonation of any kind. Obviously they will have been tuned properly to reach these levels. So regardless of how much tuning it took what was the highest boost you could run (on street or track not just the dyno) i would also be interested to know what thickness headgasket you were using at the time and obviously on what turbo?

Cheers guys
Adam

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys someone whose read this so far must be using forgies. Lets say regardless of whther you are using 9:1 compression can you tell me the highest boost you have run on the street/strip please and what compression/turbo you were using and perhaps your HG thickness.

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Stock Gen3 motor, 8.5:1 compression, stock metal headgasket. 17psi on a 50 trim T4. That got me 335rwhp on the dyno. Stock fuel and no water injection, just an intercooler as far as anti-detonation mods go.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
1.4mm HG
8.5CR CP pistons
2.1L motor

361whp @ 17psi

I have also boosted to 35psi twice on freak occasions with no motor damage.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
redblues said:
I have also boosted to 35psi twice on freak occasions with no motor damage.
OH SNAP! You musta pulled like KRAZIE lol. Musta been just like Fast and the Furious when they hit the NAWS and burn the tires at 140! :p . And yeah this is a good question and will be a good thread once enough people answer. But with 9:1 compression I'd bet you could run at least 30 PSI at the strip with a good enough tune and all the right anti-detonation mods.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
My boost has overshot all the way to 22psi. I'm sure it detonated a little bit, but no motor damage. BTW, I'm running JE 9:1 pistons and TD06 turbo. My high boost for the track is set for 18-19psi, but it usually creeps, stupid TD06 kit.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Po' Kid said:
OH SNAP! You musta pulled like KRAZIE lol.
Not really. The IC pipe coupler popped off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts