MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The High beams on my 91 Mr2 Turbo only work when I hold the lever. (the manual way pushing towards me / driver.)
When I try to engage the lever forward towards window, to lock the High beams on, the light turn off completely!

Not sure what it might be; Anyone know anything about this or has ever encountered this problem?

Thanks,

Jose

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
This is almost certainly the selector switch itself that is broken. The flash contacts in the switch are still good, but the high beam contacts are worn out or corroded. I bet that the high beam indicator still comes on, even though the lights are out.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
You could try Toyota parts, or a junkyard, or one of the parts dealers on this board. You can try posting a WTB thread in the parts section.

·
Premium Member
11,745 Posts
Sorry, don't know. I am not familiar with the car that you have. If it looks like your light switch, then it might be.

You are always taking a chance when you count on an aftermarket shop to give you the correct part. For one thing, they don't want to stock more different items than necessary, so they are likely to try to sell you something similar rather than an exact replacement. If it looks right, then it is your call.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts