MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm just wondering if anyone has/or has tried to use HID's in their foglights? Is that even possible? I ask because I think the MR2 looks a thousand times meaner with the flip-ups down, and I thought if its possible it would be sweet to have the foglights (with HIDs) as your headlights and just cruise like that. It also seems like that would cure a lot of the light dispersal problems that people have with HIDs in the flip-ups, from them being so low to the ground perhaps???

Sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find much on it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
headlights have to be above a certain height for them to be road legal. I'm sure you could do HID fogs and have them function as headlights. It just won't be legal. What I always thought would be cool was if someone turned their turn signals into headlights. That would look meeeeeeean. I know miata owners have done it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MATTHEWMR2 said:
headlights have to be above a certain height for them to be road legal. I'm sure you could do HID fogs and have them function as headlights. It just won't be legal. What I always thought would be cool was if someone turned their turn signals into headlights. That would look meeeeeeean. I know miata owners have done it.
Yeah that would be sick if we could do the turn signal thing. But I don't mind if its not exactly legal, I can still pop up the pop-ups if need be. But otherwise if they're bright enough i'll just rock the Foglight HIDs....so what do I need to do it? Some sort of conversion kit?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
yup, just find an H3 hid kit. all ya need.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes I did it with mine. I used junkyard parts, but it would be easy to drop a kit in.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Streetscenes said:
Yes I did it with mine. I used junkyard parts, but it would be easy to drop a kit in.
Do you have pics? Is it bright enough to just drive with the fogs and no headlights?

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
www.norcalmr2.com go all the way down for hid sales

I can vouch that the h4 and the foglight HIDs from there look awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts