MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI...TO ALL, IM NEW HERE ABOUT 3 DAYS.. AND REALY LIKE IT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
I HAVE A 1991 MR2 WITH A 3RD GEN 3SGE ENGINE N/A.
1991 MR2 A.K.A. "FROGGY"

WITH OUT THE WING AND SCOOP.

WITH THE WING AND SCOOP.

LET KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK... I STILL WANT TO DO MORE WORK TO IT TO MAKE IT FASTER AND KEEP IT N/A/ WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMEND?

S

·
0 Posts
the most hp EVER made on a 5sfe was like 145rwhp,. i think that speaks for itself,.. damn nice car though!!!

but seeing you have a 3sge,. i have no clue if you should mod thoes engines or not.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looking for engine mods.
i got some parts together like UR pully, XTD 12lbs flywheel and stage3 6 puck clutch, fidenza cam gears, and ITB'S, so far next i want to get HKS 264 cams
and EMS but dont know what EMS to go with.. any suggestions?
looking also for headers that would my engine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
igaleli said:
I STILL WANT TO DO MORE WORK TO IT TO MAKE IT FASTER AND KEEP IT N/A/ WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMEND?
well i recomend turboing it :p

im assuming you dont want to do a motor swap seeings as thought it already has a 3rd gen 3sge in it... so with not much being available for it i would say nitrous is going to be your best bet

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
very nice car, love the 3sge's, anyway the cam re-grinds will give you the most, headers would be a good idea whyle you are at it...
also any more pics? engine?

·
Sponsored by Your Dad!
3,390 Posts
You never quite get used to seeing that space where the turbo should be! Sweet color nice looking but I agree with shimric!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got also the oem 3 pcs. wing siting in the garage...got to get it painted....what you think it will be better then thid CF rear spoiler?
also how hard and how much would it be to go turbo on this engine if anyone knows?

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i like the oem look a lot more than the big after market one- BUT do what you think looks the best, if you like it keep it- it is your car..
there has been some decussion about turboing the 3sge, do a search, there has also bee a turbo'ed red top beams 3sge you may want to search that as well..:)

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Hey thats Marco's old car. That color is british racing green and I actaully thought about buying that car back when he was selling it but bought a turbo instead.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes it is.... marco's car i bought it from him back in feb 2005.. just got it on the road about 1 month ago.
its been sitting in my drive way for more then 10months. but now its time to bring it out and play. hahahaha

·
Banned
3,065 Posts
i don't get people wanting to specifically not turbo a car...you don't know what you're missing. if you maintain it properly, it won't be a problem. you should maintain any car, but a turbo car will seem to bite you quicker if you foul up on the maintenance. dunno why anyone would not want to maintain a car, even if it's a beater, or a precious weekend car. i know you want to do autocrosses, so don't put a huge turbo in it.

·
Registered
573 Posts
You could always supercharge it, that would be unique and would be good for autocrossing if you went with a positive displacement one, like the TRD blowers. It would take some custom fabbing though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts