MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a racer parts/WTB section in the stickies? Its difficult to cull out all the high performance ash trays and JDM tail lights from the more serious stuff in the current FS/WTB section. I'd rather buy from board members than otherwise, and this would help. Plus help move stuff easier for sellers to the right purchasers.

For instance, I am looking for an inexpensive used race seat for my svelte [6'2", 295#] frame, for my caged MKII, and racer forums are the only place to find actual race seats that I'd trust. This would be one more good place, somewhat car-specific, and from folks I trust.

What think you, Bill and others?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I think that would be a good idea.. I often troll the classifieds looking for similiar stuff for our racecars. It would not have as much traffic and parts listed would have to sit on there a while as it is not often you no longer need you set of race valved coil overs the same time someone else does.

AS for the seat I think I can point you in the right direction.. one of our drivers is 6'4" and weighs around 280lbs.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
I sold a Corbeau wide seat at Summit Point in June that I had bought as insurance for fitting in the BMW at the 12 hour race (NJMP-T) in April. They went new for $399, but were not FIA certified

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Peter, did you by any chance measure the inside bottom of the seat, i.e. the place you sit? Corbeau fails to supply dimensions on that particular model.

Ed

PS-I don't think NASA requires an FIA certification, but not sure.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm not a racer but I think this is a good idea for this and I think it would help with other things as well. I'm on a UK forum also and they have different part sections for MK2's.

For example maybe something like this:
-3SGTE (2nd, 3rd & 4th Gen) Parts
-5SFE, 3SGE, Beams & V6 Parts
-Exterior, interior & wheels (all are pretty much interchangeable for turbo & n/a)

At least with what i posted above the racers too could weed out some of parts that they otherwise wouldn't have looked at.

Just a suggestion but this is my favorite MR2 forum to go on so if its too difficult to change then leave it the way it is but I think this would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
bigbird4120 said:
Peter, did you by any chance measure the inside bottom of the seat, i.e. the place you sit? Corbeau fails to supply dimensions on that particular model.

Ed

PS-I don't think NASA requires an FIA certification, but not sure.
Safety regs are very similar to SCCA and most other amateur orgs to allow easy crossover. FIA cert seat not required, or if it is it's not required to be "in-date", but, if it's not certified and/or current a seat spear back brace is required.

On the racer parts classified, if it's attached to this Racer's Forum subsection I'd read it. If it's buried with the other classifieds, I doubt I would. $0.015

·
Registered
745 Posts
i think its a very good idea it would be nice to click on a thread and just see all the performance parts that are for sale

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
davegt27 said:
Like this one (its new never used)

http://www.racedaysafety.com/ultra-shield-rally-sport-seat.html

18"

How?s $240 you pay shipping (it came in big box)
Sounds good.
Yeah, its interesting that I've looked at it and the pro road race one through racedaysafety and also Discovery Parts, where I get a 10% disc and free shipping. I'll bet you can ship it for that $25 RDS gets, so that's still a bargain at $240+ship. How would you like payment? If paypal, I'll have to fund my account, which would be OK by me, but take a few days.

Let me know, E-Mail's good
Ed
[email protected]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts