1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JDM Gen 2 Swap into a 93 NA
CT20B turbo
ARC Intercooler
TwosRUs MBC (probably set to 14 or 15 lbs)
Intake
BOV
Exhaust
most likely a DP
walbro FP

Stage 2 is good for "420 torque"

Stage 3 is good for "490 torque"

Any input is appreciated.

David

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
just throwing this out there ... when choosing a clutch you should also take the use of the car into consideration, not just the ratings.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shavedturbo, are you saying that the stage 3 is too aggressive?

I hope to do a full seasons worth of Auto-x ing once done. Don't really plan on any road courses as of yet. The car will more likely than not be daily driven once the summer months come around here in Chicagoland.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
no, im saying i got the stage 3 over the stage 2 because it is a little more agressive and i dont see how that can hurt. my car is daily driven and i think the stage 3 is just fine for this. to rephrase whati said earlier: i think a stage 2 is fine but a stage 3 is better.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool.

How stiff is the Stage 3? How about stop and go traffic? I have a auto Accord that I'll be driving if I know I'll be stuck in traffic, but here in Chicago, you never can tell.

I don't want my clutch leg to suffer too much in those circumstances.

I guess for the $35 or so, a Stage 3 would be worth the extra $, eh?

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
I had a 91na and swaped a 93 jdm 3sgte, I installed the spec stage 3 w/ lightweight flywheel and the clutch is easier to work than the stock clutch in the na IMO. The clutch just grabs sooo well

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the clip is coming with the intake, bov and exhaust. It may not do anything other than create noise and make you run rich for a sec after shifting, but I personnally love the sound of a BOV and it's one of the things I miss most about driving a boosted car.

I already PM'ed Dave aka MR.2000GT about the clutch (he's doing the install too)

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Dave can also get you 15% off lightweight flywheels too.
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=221

I got a lightened Spec Stage 3 clutch and Spec (Fidanza) lightweight flywheel installed by Dave. I love the combination. It feels smoother than stock. Definately very streetable.

-Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts