MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Just bought this 1987. It has 40k original miles, but still a little beat up on the outside. Always loved MR2s growing up, even before I "cared about cars" lol.

I'm honestly bummed I was hoping I could keep the stock motor but parts are basically impossible to find it appears. Tried to find a gas tank (it doesn't have one) and they are downright impossible to find.

I'll likely have the drivetrain pulled relatively soon. Not entirely sure what I'll replace it with but something parts are more available for. I wonder if there is interest in the low-mileage engine/trans since parts seem so hard to come by? And if anyone's got a fuel tank they'd sell me let know I'm a little desperate already 馃槄

Anyways hi glad to be here

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Window

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just for fun, a little update. While waiting on the gas tank (which I hope is actually on it's way) I'm working on removing any rust and repainting, one panel at a time. Decent amount of surface rust to deal with, but no rot that I've found anywhere. Thanks CO dry air. I've never done any body work so I'm having some fun figuring that out. I'm going for the rattlecan special lol so it probably won't look amazing but better than it is and will stop rusting.

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Hopefully once the gas tank shows up things get more exciting when I can start investigating the drivetrain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts