MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night is was turning into a gas station and noticed a Loud Clunking noise comming from the rear end of the car. Then every 3 feet or so the noise would happen again whial i was going into the gas station and when the noise happens my whole rear end jerks very harshly. So i got my car towed back to my house because it was un-drivable i thought. So whial i was pulling the car into my garage getting it off the tow truck the Tow turck driver said my tires in the rear were moving and swaying left and right like they were going to fall off and still the noise kept comming. The i Checked the lugs and they are torqued on correctly and everything seems to be allright when i look at it. Does anyone know whats wrong?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just jacked my car up. It looks like one of the motor mounts on the botton thats attached to the crossmember is missing one of the three bolts. I was also wondering that i know my car does not have LSD and whial it was jacked in the air i tried moving the tires and the lpun in the same direction. Inst it if you dont have lsd it should either spin in opposite directions or the opposite side shouldnt spin at all?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Don't know if you figured out your problem but did you recently change your wheels,.. I had some speed rings get stuck on my hubs (forgot to take them off) and put other wheels on and thought they were tight, but the wheels wouldn't fit right until I removed the speed rings.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope the wheels have been tehre on a whial and i just tried to tighten all the suspension parts and everything is tight. I tried jacking one side up in the air and still the wheel doesnt move at all anymore. still nothing has been fixed

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I got your phone call. I recommend checking everything .. and check your drive shaft since you're saying the clunk happens every 3 feet. Other then that .. I have no clue since I don't know how it sounds like or what you have previously done to your car. Take it to your local shop to get it check out if you can't find the problem.

Su

1 - 6 of 6 Posts