MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I HAVE A 87 N/A and i put a jap. spec ae92 corola motor in it and the wiring wouldnt fit so i started splicing injectors and sensors i got them all right but the motor still wont run ...i was wondering if the ecu from a american mr2 will work on a jap. 4agelc out of a 130hp ae92 or what some solutions would be.....do i have to get engine manegment or is there a way around all that money.......please help

·
Registered
881 Posts
What year is the AE-92, does it have the newer injectors and couplers and you're running with a harness that (had) the square couplers...This comes to mind, the newer injectors have a higher resistance than the older square coupler type...the older injectors use a ballast resistor mounted near the battery box area...I don't believe the newer injectors use that resistor. I have an AE92 auto harness here if you have questions. Did your distributor hook up OK?

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I'm not positive on this, but didn't the Jspec AE92 use a MAP sensor? If so, the ECU from a USDM won't work.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
no the distributer did not hook up ok ...i went through 2 distributers and 3 different caps from diferent 4age's and i think the jap. dist. turns a different way than the us also the injectors were different and its out of a 88-89 ae92 ....would my best bet be to just spend the money and get full engine manegment from www.sdsefi.com and thro away the wiring harness all together?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
You could rewire it to use all the sensors and stuff from your 87 including the distributor and injectors and that should work.

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
fogjammer said:
I think your best bet is to listen to ITA-MR2. He's the high priest
Ummm . . . no. I already said I wasn't sure on this item. Now if I say it without a diminutive clause - it's the truth! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts