MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with figuring out whats wrong with my suspension.

i ahve a 92 MK2 with KYB AGX & Suspension techniques springs. The car pulls hard to the right, i mean very hard to the right. Sears couldnt do an alignment - everytime they get it done after a drive the thing is all whacked again. Need someone/someplace to check the car out and let me know the things that need to be replaced. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Has it been diagnosed yet? Worn tie rod? Worn ball joint?

Unless they are confront to be in good condition, doing any alignment is useless since they have play which can throw off your "toe" spec.

Su

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking for a reliable place to check whats wrong with the whole suspension. or someone here that could do it not far from the southbay...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Did you just work on the suspension? Even if you didn't check that the springs are all seated propperly. I had the same problem with my corolla after WC toyota did some work to it. Nobody could figure out what was wrong with it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
XpM_DEUCE said:
im looking for a reliable place to check whats wrong with the whole suspension. or someone here that could do it not far from the southbay...
Try Auto Innovations in Milpitas. I sent my friend there with a slammed BMW 5 series. He's tried about 4-5 different alignment shops over the past several years... all not very successful and never had his problem fixed. And he tried Auto Innovations and they fixed his problem. Talk to Steve or Orlando and tell them James with the MR2 sent you. Their number is 408-956-8004. Good luck! :thumbup

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
XpM_DEUCE said:

Luna's mufflers & alignment in San Jose (yellowpages.com it)
The older guy doing alignments there takes his time & is thorough. I think $50-75..

Also, Calderon tires on Market street in San Jose. Its a family owned business & the alignment guys brother (in charge of tire department) HAD an mr2 that was tweaked out! I think he charges $100 for a 4wheel alignment...

·
Registered
394 Posts
i got the exact same problem as you man. each time i hit some kind of bump, the car shifts to the right. i feel it more towards the rear left tire for some reason. had it checked out by a toyota mechanic over at stevens creek toyota. tie rod seems to be in place. its scary driving in the rain with this kind of issue. the problem only gets worse.

·
Registered
168 Posts
(This is Rusty/GuySmily.. lazy to log in)

I've got the same problem on my mk1... Any rough stuff and the back end of the car shifts to the right, and my steering wheel shakes pretty hard.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts