MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok recently i checked the engine codes on my 85na i got 6 and 10 this is even after reseting the computer and running the car again to see if it still gets codes. i got 6 and 10 every time. Here is what the car does.
While idling it will try to die, or may sputter.
if you give it gas it sometimes hesitates, or actually dies after you let off gas.
If you put shift into reverse or turn on ANY lights what so ever, the car will die, or idle very roughly and try to die.
it didn't do this before when i bought the car and drove it home. also i accidently hooked up the battery wrong once for only a few seconds could i have killed something? (I think this is why my power locks no longer work.)
I also removed a car security system that was no functional and only the wries where there when i bought it.
Also the odd thing about th 10 error code is i've never push started the car.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Code #6 RPM signal, no "NE","G" signal to ECU within several seconds after engine is cranked. trouble area: 1. Distributor circuit, 2. Distributor, 3. Igniter 4. Starter signal circuit 5. ECU
which means the ECU does not see the engine running i.e. no signal from distributor or ignitor.

Code #10 Starter signal, No STA signal to ECU when engine is running over 800 RPM. Trouble area: Starter relay circuit, 2. IG switch circuit (starter), 3. IG Switch, 4. ECU
ECU thinks the starter is still engaged

also with the batt hooked up wrong check ALL fuses and relays and i mean ALL. the above info is straight out of the factory manual.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all the fuses and relays are good
maybe i did kill the computer or somethin.... i could also replace so of the leads that goto the starter. and maybe i'll check the dizzy too cause the rpm guage doesn't always seem right.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hokkin the batt up backwards is not enough to fry ECU it has plenty of protection through the many fuses. it almost sounds like your dizzys bout to take a permanent crapola on you. if the ECU dosen't see the Engine RPM it most likely will set code 10

1 - 5 of 5 Posts