MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to hook up the system and the laptop is telling me that "this is not the right software for the ecu" i dont know what i am doing wrong please help i want my car back!!!!!

thanks

joe

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Is this an MR Controls SDR? I have no record of a Joe from AZ buying one but someone could have sold it to you.

If it is one of ours, on the CD your should find a program named s206.exe

Copy this program to the C:\Program Files\SPARKDOG folder and run this instead of the sdx05.exe file. Also, you must be using a laptop with a real serial interface or a PCMCIA serial card. The cheap USB to serial interfaces are for the most part completely useless.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought the ems off the forum from justin Scremin. and i am using the serial port (old laptop) no usb to serial. and last but not least when i bought it i did not get the cd i was told i would not need it, and that the software is at your site mr controls but i had no luck, this is what was emailed to me.....

sparkmanual.pdf
base550cc.s18
sdx051.CAB
sdx052.CAB
sdx053.CAB
setup.exe
SETUP.LST

so i am assuming that i am screwed since i dont have the s206.exe what will i need to do ???????

thanks
ricky i have heard good things about you from my man travis thewhiz!!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we are getting dec.s19 error. Its telling us that its write protected. HELP!!!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmmmmm i wonder what is going on????? i loaded the software you posted tried to load the 550cc fuel map and thats whats coming up in a little gray box. dec.s19 error

joe

·
Automotive cartographer
4,402 Posts
Please email me your phone number so that I can call you. This is not the kind of problem that you want to try to fix by throwing a message at each other every few hours. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts