MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally i finished to rebuild my engine,this is the setup
forged je pistons 9:1 and rods,rebuilded oem shorth block,hks 256 cams,hks hg,550 injectors and 255 lbs fuel pump and ats rail,hks flywhell,hks ic,ats td06 20g external wg,tko 3" exausth,safc,hks vpc with 550 chip,profec e01 boost controller greddy
my problem is...with 9:1 compression...how much boost i can set without broke problems?
ps usdm gen ii 3sgte with blitz ecu tuned for upgraded fp

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
ya know, compression ratio's don't matter when running boost (IMO). i say this due to the fact that some cars have < 10:1 compression and can run 30+ PSI. its all about ignition tuning. the spark has to hit at the right time or else, detonation occurs, thus blowing your motor sky high! 9:1 is fine to 25+psi, however until you ditch that blitz ecu, vpc, and s-afc and get a EMS i wouldn't run anything over that. by the way, if your planing on running above 20 psi, i'd invest in some race gas....better to pay $5/gallon for a couple gallons of gas than to buy a whole new motor! good luck!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anybody know where buy a good water injection system?and what injector size?i need them for 17 psi with fuel pump gas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts