MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I was just wondering how it is possible to have a wire for the boost controller hook up to the cigarette lighter. I bought the car with the EBC already installed and accidentally pulled the wire out that hooked up to the cigarette lighter while working on the stereo. I don't know how to get it back on. and ideas?

jeff

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nobody??? heres a picture. The red wire was connected to the cigarette lighter some how. I pulled it of before, which was my mistake, but it obviously wasn't crimped on to anything, so it should be obvious how to do it. I just cant figure it out. It kind of looks like a power wire. All I know how to do is tap into the driver side amp box for power. I need to learn other places. Can anyone assist?

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Dude, just tap into your stereo head unit power if you are unable to make that work.

That wire is switched to the headlights. Is that what its for? just the lights? If so just resplice it right into the wire ti already is. use a 12 volt tester and when the headlights are on the thing should have power.

If you cant do it there theres an illumination wire on the head unit. Splice into that.

If you need a switched 12v wire, splice into the red wire on your head unit. If you need a constant 12v wire splice into the yellow wire of the deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts