MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm going to be doing the swap sometime in february. I'm 17 and I dont have a lot of experience in this. I'm using my friends garage w/ air tools and a lift and I was wondering if anyone lived in the area who knew what they were doing would be able to give me some help, or maybe persuaded with a few lincolns ;) . Thanks

P.s., I live in New Hampshire, 15 minutes away from massachussetts.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
sorry... other side of the country. but read up, read up.. thats the secret. you will learn tons on here and other places on the web. thats key to getting it in and runing in good time. all the non-wiring stuff is fairly straight forward. requires little work. basic rule.. if the 20v part doesn't seem to work.. try the old 16v equivilant ;)
the wiring? well just label all connectors on both harnesses, and plug in the ecu early one, and write down all the pin and wire color schemes for the plugs. then just strip the 20v harness to the bare wirnes, get a big table and go at it. you can probably strip out a lot you don't need, and then once you think you've got it..plug it in and try it out.

·
Registered
320 Posts
im also on the oposite side if i was close i woud help ya cause I wanted to start my project this summer. I've been reading up and there is a lot of good info on the site, the biggest pain is all in the wiring. i'm really looking forward to that part.... :( but in the end it will all be worth it i plan on turboing mine the question is should I rebuild it with stronger stuff and do big boost or just throw on a t25 and stay at around 10psi... the question is what would i need for the stronger internals?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
darklord? you have a 20v swap? and you think 10lbs of boost should be ok?
don't want your motor to last very long do ya...
kinda gutsy if thats the setup you plan on running. (unless of course you have some other motor?)
where ya from in UT?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts