MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was on 5th gear exiting from the freeway, i down shifted suddenly i heard
a big noise behind me, my shifter was stuck on neutral, i couldnt shift at all...
i was stop stranded in the middle of the road, i tried shifting in any gear it wouldnt let me then 15mins later the car shifted fine, then i exited from the freeway to pull over then i realize i couldnt reverse, and also fluids were splattered all over my engine........ did my tranny go out???? or clutch problem????

i can shift from 1 to 5th, except reverse
my clutch fluid resevoir was full....

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
yeah my car has just almost the same problem now or actually once in awhile like that! if its anythin like you cant shift at all and is stuck in N and its really tough and wont let u shift out... then its like mine. ... its the clutch... but now what your saying is that you cant reverse.... theres only one thing i could think of... your tranny! get it checked... and dont drive it anymore until you get it checked out.. b/c i had a buddy whos car did the same, so he thought it was the clutch like mine and in a few days of drivin around town... the engine/tranny blew... so get it checked asap! unless you wanna spent a few thousand to fix it afterwards.... good luck! my advise... get it checked... but email me if your not too certain

kong

·
Registered
532 Posts
When you tried to shift in to gear would it grind at all like you didn't have the clutch disengaged? Was it engine oil that was leaking or transmission fluid? If you do not know smell it, If it smells like ass then its tranny fluid. If its tranny fluid you could of put a hole in the gear box. Has your clutch ever been replaced? My bet is that some thing broke off of your clutch or your flywheel bolt came off and shot through your gear box.

·
Registered
124 Posts
blackjackT7 said:
When you tried to shift in to gear would it grind at all like you didn't have the clutch disengaged? Was it engine oil that was leaking or transmission fluid? If you do not know smell it, If it smells like ass then its tranny fluid. If its tranny fluid you could of put a hole in the gear box. Has your clutch ever been replaced? My bet is that some thing broke off of your clutch or your flywheel bolt came off and shot through your gear box.
yikes that would suck. if it is that maybe you can get lsd tranny if you dont have it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts