MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an e-51 jdm transmission from a board member about 5 months ago and I will be installing it in about a week. Its an lsd tranny from what the guy told me but I cant remember what parts I need to make it fit on my 88sc. I remember reading that you need a different axle to get it to work but I cant find the post about it. Also, is the linkage reversed on the jdm tranmissions and if so how do I switch it? Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
i believe its just the driver's side axle stub that you need, dont need the whole piece. you want one from a 93+ mk2 with lsd. i do not believe you have to do anything with the linkage, only on a fwd tranny do you have to move it over

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the axle stub that I need something that comes of us spec cars? Thats the only thing I need for this swap? Thanks.

·
Registered
284 Posts
i believe so; the part is $100 something US. the e51 of the mk1 and e153 of the mk2 turbo's are supposedly pretty similar trannies; usdm mk2's came available with lsd in 93 and up. this is what i remember reading, my car came with the lsd all setup already so i cant confirm unfortuneately.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts