MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a 92 3SGTE swap into a N/A 91. Do i need to buy turbo hubs, axels, and shift cables? or will the N/A axels be sufficient.. please let me know of any other things i will have to buy in order to complete the swap with minimal to no problems.. thnx

this is the site that i am buying my JDM 2nd Gen swap from:
www.japandomesticmotor.com

·
Registered
499 Posts
there are several discussions on this question, do a search, but to answer you question yes you need turbo hubs, axles and shift cables.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
flyinghigh: if you dont have the foresight to search for what has been discussed every other week for years, then im afraid your swap is not going to be smooth. not to be harsh, but you really need to research this out a lil more if you're going to invest in the swap. how would i know this? i did the swap. its going to be hard if you dont know what youre doing.

good luck

EDIT: im not personally attacking you, im trying to help you avoid pitfalls that could have been prevented by research and studying.

·
Registered
6,871 Posts
FlyinHigh842, dont worry about it. About 2 months ago I was in your same position with no mech. knowledge with my car (other than changing the oil) and so far its doing ok...knock on wood... I would highly suggest you spend more money to get a nice half cut, there are several things you might not think about that you need to change out that won't be included in the motor set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts