MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a pair of Sparco Torino for my mr2. it was used so it comes with slider and bracket for integra which wont fit on my car. does anyone know how to modify to fit? perry told me that people are using their stock slider and bracket, does anyone did that on they mr2? thx mr2 people!~
KELvin

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a good info. do u know how much they charge for a pair of bracket? do we have to pick them up? how long does it take to make them. thx.
KELvin

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
nah not that much, at max it should be 200$ for a pair brackets and sliders.
I got my Torinos +Brackets +Sliders all for 1200ish off a groupbuy alooong time ago. Theres no way the brackets are that expensive.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Actually I bought a pair of slider and bracket for $180 each brand new!!! If you want to modify ur stock bracket that might be a lilttle diffucult plus you gonna have to do some welding and cutting and stuff... I don't know I've never done it that way. Check the Parts for Sale section maybe there is someone out there selling theirs Kelvin. It'll be cheaper compared to a new one!!!

Lyndon

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
9673 Elk Grove Florin Rd
Elk Grove, CA

(916) 686-4363

i think thats the adderss to that shop(if thats the right shop)

it's about 108miles away from ur house 1hr40mins(maybe 1hr in ur mr2?)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thx for all the reply!~ since i got a 94 integra bracket on the seat now, is it possible for me to find a muffler shop or anyone who knows how to weld things to help me custom the bracket?
KELvin

·
Registered
694 Posts
u definitely need to buy the exact bracket fittings....ebay selling this for a cheap bargain price for the mr2's..check it out

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i saw ebay sell them for $85 each + shipping.
KELvin

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got mine for $100 each. It was from a place in Concord.

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
aw11 said:
even Su said easier/cheapest way to do is to modify ur stock one
I don't *think* it's all that hard. I have done harder seat mounting .. MKI MR2 into a Starlet with Starlet's OEM rails .. MKII MR2 into a MKI MR2 with MKI's OEM rails .. an aftermarket seat will be easier because it has "bolt-up holes" (I'd seen it on Recaro so I assume Sparco should be the same) so it's easier to bolt the seat up to an OEM rail with an added cross bar. (need to weld a cross bar)

If you have the tools (grinder, welder, drill), I would recommend you doing it yourself. If you're going to pay someone else to do it .. you should just buy aftermarket brackets.

Email DragMR2 (??), he has some aftermarket seats on OEM rails.

Su

1 - 14 of 14 Posts