MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've search but found no answer. Anyways, the temperature sensor on the radiator of my 92 NA went out, so i bought a new one from the dealer, but after installing it, it would stay on all the time. Anyone know what could be wrong with it??

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Check the fuse in the driver foot well. I think if you take that out, they will stay on all the time, so I'm assuming the same will happen if its blown. Hopefully, replacing that will help. It should say which fuse on the cover or in the manual.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
sounds a lot like the dealer gave you the WRONG sensor. there are so many temp sensors on mr2s that its a confusing mess....the BGB sucks in that area and the dealerships have no clue what they are doing. its stupid and annoying as hell, but i bet you have the wrong one.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how can that be? anyways, if your fans doesn't come on and doesn't over heat, it could mean you have a faulty fan switch. Try going on the freeway for 20-30 mins, and drive it hard, see if the fans turn on. if it doesn't, try unplugging the fan switch located on the radiator on the passenger side and if the fans come on, it means your radiator fan switch is toast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.