MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried to do a search but couldn't find exactly what I needed. I currently have a problem with my indicators. When I turn them on they'll flash as normal, but after awhile they will stop flashing and the light will just stay on until I turn to disengage them.

I've also noticed that when I pop up my headlights its making a different noise (its very hard to discribe but it is louder than normal)

What could be causing the indicator problem? the relay? would this be causing the headlights to make a weied noise when poping them up?

The 1st time I think the indicator problem started was when I had to get my car towed using a toe rope. Perhaps the sudden starting/pulling caused some wiring to come loose?

If anyone can shed some light in regards to this problem that would be great.

Thanks,

Dustin

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help out with this problem?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My friend thinks its the flicker unit? anyone know how much these go for, or better still anyone had this problem and know what caused it?

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Yes, its the flasher unit. They're available at ny auto prts store, and they're cheap.

They just get old and wear out.

bill

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
sorry not trying to highjack, just trying to save thread space, whuts the flicker unit? hey, is ur problem like, when u turn the key, all ur cel lights stay on and wont turn off till you crank or turn the car off? if so, i have the same problem... can you describe it a bit more.. thanks

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heaps billwot, can you tell me where abouts the flicker unit is located on a MKII and is it hard to install by myself?

Any ideas how much these units go for at Toyota?

Thanks!

jgdynamics - Nah its just the indicators. They work, but after awhile it'll slow down then stops flashing but the light remains on the instrument panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts