MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i have taken almost 9 hours to get this stock exhaust system off the car to install a full 3" turbo back

the bpipe is gone/demolished/cut up
no muffler ever existed, now i am down to the stock downpipe, it is hitting the oil cooler, so i took the 30mm nut all the way out so it can slide over, but it is not sliding over enough, what is in the way? here is a pic of the problem...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNzc4MTc5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

Please respond, i have to have this running tomorrow night

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
when i take mine off i undo the mani. and tilt it down. it is not as hard as it sounds. good luck and i hope that helped.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how hard is it to take the mani off?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
MR2TuRbZ said:
how hard is it to take the mani off?
it is not that hard. it is like 8 studs. it took me like 20 maybe 30 minutes. but after that the dp slide right off.

jeremy

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
You dont have to take the manifold off. It took my about 10 minutes of ruthless hammering with a rubber mallet to get the stock dp off, just keep smacking at it. Helps to have one person under the car (WITH GOGGLES!!!!) pulling it off and down, and one person up top smacking away.

·
Registered
818 Posts
you can leave the manifold on....all you have to do right now is take off those two nuts you can see in that picture on the side of the oil cooler. thats what I did and it lets the cooler move more. once that is out of the way the dp comes out like cake.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Be prepared to get new bolts and studs.I broke at least 3 of them taking the manifold off.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
yes you can see the two 10mm nuts on the right side of the oil cooler, remove those and it will move completely out of the way. btw clean it up before putting it back on, use pb blaster and an impact wrench and you shouldnt have too many problems taking bolts off. have fun

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
What's holding the oil cooler in place are the 2 Hoses from hell.. you can see one in your pic (white insulation around it). If it has not been replaced recently, it will probably need replacement by the time you have your exhaust installed....be gentle with it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea, i forgot to pick up one of those, i hope it doesnt break on me, thanks for the comments guys, i am off to see if it will work!!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
You also should have removed the 12mm(?) bolt in the side of the oil cooler. Check the KOR website for dp removal

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i got the stock dp off, now the new Guru one wont clear the damn A/C!!! not a single step of this exhaust install has gone smoothly

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
this thread sounds exactly what i was going through when doing my exhaust/dp. good times haha

the guru dp youre talking about, is that the one harry and mindy do?

garrett

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i need to remove the a/c does anyone know how or could point me in the direction to do so?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts