MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I shoot the gun on a 3SGTE engine and E153 I want to know a few questions about the motor mounts before.

1. Are the 3SGTE and E153 motor mounts in the same position as the NA 5SVE and transmission?

2. What are the differences between the two engine and transmission mounts?

3. If they are different or in a different location can I do something?

Thank you for all the responses and I hope to hear back?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The passenger side mount, drivers side mount, and the front mount/bracket are interchangeable although the turbo ones have thicker rubber. The side and rear transmission brackets as well as the rear mount are different and not compatible between the turbo and NA. The NA passenger side bracket fits the turbo engine, but it won't bolt up to the engine hook that attaches to the front of the turbo head.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I'm kinda confused can I just buy any of the stuff that is different and bolt it on or do I have to weld/ custom fit it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the not interchangeable ones you would have to buy them. The rear bracket for the turbo transmission is a pain to find although you COULD make it with a wellder and a lot of time once the front is bolted down and the mount installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One last question do the brackets that hold the mount are they welded to the engine bay? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
The brackets I mean are bolted to the engine and then the mounts bolt onto them. For turbos AFAIK the mounts are the same except for the engine hook that bolts to the front of the cylinder head. That one is either Gen 2 or Gen 3 3S-GTE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts