MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Volt stabilizer and well my speedometer doesn't move at all anymore. I checked the fuses and relays and everything is fine. any ideas what may cause this speedometer go wacky all of a sudden?

·
Registered
729 Posts
answer or explaination

i am having the same problem...but you know it's not electrical,it's mechanical...there is a cable that runs from the tranny to the speedo and it turns a wire inside of it...i haven't gone into it yet except to take the guage cluster out and see that the cable isn't turning when i drive the car...the next thing i will do is take the end off at the tranny to see if it's wore out or something....then,if thats not it i will take the cable apart about a foot toward the front of the car from the fuel pump(drivers side) to see if there is a problem there.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
pull the end out of the tranny and spin it with a drill motor while watching the speedo. that will tell you if its the sending unit or anything cable related. if its the sending unit, you can buy a new shaft with the plastic gear on it from the dealer. costs about 25 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.