MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm buying a clip late next week when my income tax money comes in, so I need to order the overhaul/replacement parts that should be changed while the motor is out of the car. So far i've got:

-Walbro fuel pump (already ordered)
-fuel filter/oil filter/air filter
-engine oil/tranny oil
-rear main seal
-front main seal
-Spec stage 2 clutch
-timing belt
-Rotor/cap/wires/plugs

I'm going to replace the hose from hell (and it's sister the hose from hell on earth) but don't know what their parts numbers are. I think 16283-88381 is the number for the HFH, but can anyone confirm that for me?

What else should i need? I'm going to get the flywheel resurfaced to factory spec, have the injectors cleaned, and replace anything that may be broken on the clip. I want to replace as much as i possibly can while the motor's out of the car, because i'd rather not drop it again simply because i forgot something simple.

Thanks a lot guys

·
Registered
633 Posts
I would also do trans seals, water pump, tensioners, belts, valve cover gasket, the 2 hose from hell's,t-stat, oil pan gasket. Also any other seal that looks like its leaking that would be a pain to do when in the car.

Thats all i can think of right now.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are going to be mods later on, as far as intake, downpipe, exhaust, etc. I'm just conserned with engine maintinence while the engine is out of the car. Good call on the cable bushings and coolant flush though. I think i'm also going to get the prothane suspension bushing kit since i'll have the rear suspension completely dismantled. Oh, and beer is taken care of.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
no one has mentioned the oil pump....water pump was mensioned, but not oil pump. also, while you have it out you could put a different head gasket (like HKS, TRD, TTE, or COMETIC) tagged up with some ARP head studs...just my :2cents:

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is a new head gasket and heavy duty ARP studs necessary? I don't want to make over like 300hp on this motor..

With regards to the water and oil pumps: What is their usual mileage life?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts