MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I’m new to the forums. Currently carless and just been to view an MR2 MK2 Turbo Rev3... however I felt the car didn’t have appropriate service history.

I’m on the hunt for:
MK2 Rev3 Turbo
GT model but will accept a GT-S for the right price and mileage
Decent level of service history
T-Bar desirable but not a necessity

Am I going to find one with the desired spec or am I being too picky?

Cheers

Clarky

·
Registered
162 Posts
It really comes down to what your plans are and what your budget is. Ones that have been neglected will likely cost a lot to bring back and ultimately usually costs more (ask me how I know haha). However, I do feel a bit of pride bringing a car back to glory that has been neglected. If you have patience and the money to pay a bit more and want something turn-key, definitely be picky. If you like to work on cars and don't mind fixing the previous owner's mistakes and enjoy the scenic route then grab something that doesn't have any cancerous issues (like rust, structural damage).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It really comes down to what your plans are and what your budget is. Ones that have been neglected will likely cost a lot to bring back and ultimately usually costs more (ask me how I know haha). However, I do feel a bit of pride bringing a car back to glory that has been neglected. If you have patience and the money to pay a bit more and want something turn-key, definitely be picky. If you like to work on cars and don't mind fixing the previous owner's mistakes and enjoy the scenic route then grab something that doesn't have any cancerous issues (like rust, structural damage).
Hi Nabera

Thanks for your reply. I would say my current budget is between £6-8k. Do you think this is enough to secure a decent example or am I at the wrong level?

I’ve seen rev1’s advertised at £8k, rev3’s advertised at £6k, and rev5’s advertised at £13k! So not really sure what to aim for.

The one I looked at today was just under £6k but had no service history, and the paintwork was quite badly scratched and swirly. Ultimately I just had a bad feeling about it and the owner, sadly.

Not sure what to expect for my money! Happy to be educated.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Cars of this age, for the most part you’ll never get an accurate history now... 25-30yrs old and 9.6 owners..... but hey, welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts