MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a 93 MR2 turbo on a whim. I had an ‘89 for years but my needs changed and it was replaced with a Subaru Outback. (Great car by the way!) Anyway I’m looking through our internal classifieds at work and somebody posted this 93 turbo with 45,000 original miles!!! Turns out it was her mother’s car (no kidding) who has MS and drove it very little but loved it too much to part with it. It was garage kept and immaculate so I jumped at the chance to buy it. If this forum allows pictures I figure that out and get a few posted.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Damn, that's a crazy find. The thing looks like a time capsule even compared to my '93 Turquoise Pearl Metallic with 86k mi on it. Mine spent quite a bit of time in Las Vegas, so some parts are a little sun worn. The PNW is a pretty nice climate for preserving cars overall.

·
Premium Member
12,689 Posts
Beautiful. Do you mind sharing what you paid for it (totally understand if you don't). But I bet it's worth a pretty penny. Similarly clean and low mileage turbos have sold for 20k+ on bring a trailer recently.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Woah, sweet find! Welcome!

I always wondered if the roads are salted in the PNW... it seems like that isn't the case and the moderate temperatures don't scorch them either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Woah, sweet find! Welcome!

I always wondered if the roads are salted in the PNW... it seems like that isn't the case and the moderate temperatures don't scorch them either.
It's become a bit more common after the disaster of a snow storm in 2008 (snow management and removal wise). Thankfully we really don't get much snow though.

They have started to spray the roads in the winter a lot more though. Mostly the main roads.

Sand and salt tends to only come out when it's actually snowing.

Overall it's a ton better than other places. And it really hasn't done much damage to either my commuter car or truck compared to just regular wear and tear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been trying to log back into here but have been unsuccessful until tonight. Not sure what the issue was but thanks for the compliments! The MR2 spent its life in Colorado but doesn’t look like it was driven in the winters. It’s rust free anyways. And sorry but I’m keeping the deal I got to myself! 😁

1 - 9 of 9 Posts