MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Well I started this thinking all I would need is the rods. So I got them and then sure enough I put them on and it wouldn't work. You need the exact hole offset dimensions for the arm that bolts to the motor. I don't have a metal brake so had to have these made at a machine shop. That's the over the head part :). Good luck though.
Could you expand on this? I am collecting parts to start a DIY of my own but don't quite understand what you mean by the 'exact hole offset dimensions'. Does that hole need to be non-concentric with the outside dimension of the rod end? Or is that offset dimension achieved by that little metal bracket? Sorry for my confusion, its been a couple years since I have had my eyes on a live headlight assembly.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The stock motor shaft bracket. (The part that connects the motor shaft to the rod) Is longer than the one I made. The hole offset is the same but the holes are closer together/shorter so it doesn't have to throw the rod so much. You can slightly adjust the rods but they bind up without the custom brackets.

BTW mine are still going great after 5 years!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts