MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
blown ringland in cyl #3
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a 89 Grand Chrokee Limited as a winter car. Supposedly the headgasket needs to be replaced, and im wondering if this is something that i could do at home or if i need to bring it somewhere. If i need to bring it somewhere, how much would it run me? Just wondering if anyone else out there has had this sort of case and could help me out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Dont do it..... are you sure its just a head gasket? these wonders have been know for cracked and warped heads.....

run away..... you want my ae-86?
heheh

·
blown ringland in cyl #3
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can only assume by your laugh that there is something wrong with it. Because i am desperately trying to find a vehicle for about 1G... thanks for the info!

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
In-line 6. Exhaust and intake are mated along the right side of the head. Loosing up the bolts and the exahust and intake drop together. Kinda weird. Never did one before, but watched a few ppl do it when I was an apprentice for Chrysler. Didn't look to hard to do.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
any signs of a blown gasket? if so, what? never done it myself, but, as in the other post, doesnt look to complicated...

·
blown ringland in cyl #3
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The owner says that the engine overheats after 20 miles. He knows its the head gasket from what he has spoken to mechanics about. I've been quoted a price of $500 parts and labor. I'll be going to take a look at it today and hopefully we can get a clearer picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts