MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled my turbo to replace it with the ct20b and I noticed that my head gasket is leaking oil from the side and back toward the driver side compartment. I know oil leaks from head gasket is rare but unfortunately it is the case. I also noticed that my motor oil becomes milky only after 500 miles, so it could be coolant leaking into the oil system. Anyways I wondering should I go with a metal head gasket or the stocker? I heard that the stocker seals better if the head is not machined perfectly, which gives it a bit more tolerance.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
Its probably the VC gasket.

It is theoretically possible to leak oil from the HG, but extremely unusual. And the only oil passage in the head is on the intake side of the engine.

bill

G

·
billwot said:
Its probably the VC gasket.

It is theoretically possible to leak oil from the HG, but extremely unusual. And the only oil passage in the head is on the intake side of the engine.

bill

Bill i disagree with you like normal....

first off where he descibed the leak sounds to be from the oil pressure line to the head, and secound his oil gets milky in 500miles...hmm i dont want to pull another EGT session on you, but lets face it, he more then likely has a blown headgasket

Hey man i wouldnt drive your car, unless you have pure water for cooling, becasue water in the oil wont damamge as much as anti-freeze

·
Registered
288 Posts
So what if it seems like the head gasket is leaking but there's no coolant getting in the oil? Is the car safe to drive?

G

·
well he said his oil gets milky so he has an internal leak

but if you are sure its an external leak only, and your oil pressure is fine...i would see no reason to drive on it..its just an annoyance, but i would change when u get the chance, or even try to add more torque to the headbolts...I troqued stockers to 70ftlbs

and on arps i had 70 and went in and put 120 no probs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts