MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leakdown help!!!

Hey guys, i just blew my headgasket around cylinder #3 and found it by a leakdown test. Air ended up coming out of the coolant filler cap. Anyway cylinders #1 and #4 were tested before #3 and they showed 12% and 14% leakdown. My friend said that it could possibly be scoring in the cylinders since no air really came up the coolant filler cap like it did for cylinder #3.

i'm trying to figure out who else has had bad leakdown and what were their causes. I read jekyl and hydes already and said it was his intake vavle on that cylinder and all my valves will be reseated during the repair. and some others have told me that the headgasket could be bad around those cylinders as well. I am hoping it is not b/c of scoring cause i dont want to have to do a rebuild, especially since i was told the car was completely stock and has only has 77,000 miles on it. and yes this car was sold to me by vick racing and yes they are crooks.

So if anyone has any other suggestions on things that could be causing so much leakdown besides what else was mentioned let me know. I cant afford a rebuild and the headgasket fix and replacement of all hoses and redoing the head is gonna be 1500 bucks (include installing an hks td05 if the egine doesnt require a rebuild). Let me know what u guys think, thanks Donnie

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
12% and 14% isnt that bad, pretty much anything under 20% is ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts