MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I am new to the board and I had a few questions about the MR2.

I found an 1992 MR2 N/A for sale locally here in Louisville,KY (which is extremely rare around this area) for $2900 OBO. I am going to look at the car tomorrow and make my final decision about it and I was just curious about a few things.

First, it is crimson red, 5 speed, 164K miles, a few dents and dings, no rust, and in good mechanical condition (or so I am told). Also, it is a hardtop model, which I am told is extremely rare for the turbo model, but what about the N/A models?

Also, this engine is the one from a Camry if I am not mistaken, so it should be fairly easy to find parts for and work on, correct?

Sound like a good deal?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
The camry engine and the MR2 NA are the same so finding parts would be a call away from the stealership or any local autoparts store. There were less hard tops NA and turbo combined than t-tops or sunroofs. The Toyota red that comes on the MR2's are prone to fading esspecially if they were waxed and taken care of. Expect to see faded paint etc on the body unless it has been repainted recently. Kinda hard to tell you if it is a good deal or not because would need to se pics and have a little more info on it like things replaced etc. I would say thats high for an NA MR2 with Almost 170,000 miles on the clock. Definately would talk him down. Good Luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts