1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted by grimjack
I just posted wiring and installation info on my web site

http://www.grimjack.com/haltech/e6k_main.htm

Feel free to comment or point out anything I missed documenting. I hope to have more pictures of my installation added soon as well.

My goal was to outline how to use the stock TPS, Distributor, and Igniter and integrate them with the E6K.

Steve

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
posted by smelly
Overall looks good. It should be a great help to those getting started with the haltechs. Makes me want to complete my e6k install page.

One question, why did you have to cut the wire to the G1 trigger? It shouldn't matter if it's connected or not.

-Rob
posted by grimjack
I had to cut the G1 wire because it completely shorted out the ignition for some reason. We were not able to get any spark at all until we cut the wire. I have no idea why.....I do recall that tracking it down was getting very frustrating, so once we found it, we didn't care why :)
posted by sekots
will the car start up after you have installed everytihng right and adjusted the settings on the software or do you need to have a basemap figured out to get it to idle. Im just wondering if i have to tow it to a dyno or if i could get it to run well enough to drive it there.
posted by RickyB
Without some reasonable base map for your setup, you will not be able to drive the car out of the garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts