MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ever since i bought my car back in march, it had an odd whine comming from the engine. David, Keith, and Joe all heard it and know what im talking about. It was rather annoying. Anywho i always thought that it was the alternator causing the weird noise since there has been oil spilled on it before. Well since then it has progressivly gotten louder, however recently it started to make weirder sounds and different tone and pitch whines, then it started to grind as if it was metal on metal. First thing popping in to my head was my turbo was failing very badly. I get home pop the lid and there is smoke coming up from the T-Belt area, im like oh ____. I run over to get a light to see whats going on and i hear a pearcing screeching to start im like no way! I kill the car poke around and see that my AC tensioner pully has basically ate it self. I cut the belt and bam no more noise no more whine! My rpms even increased at idle as did my vac. I was so happy if i knew it was the AC pully i would have cut that belt a long time ago!

Finally my car sounds like a normal deuce! Now to remove the AC assembly and im happy as a bird haha!

Well thats my story for this weekend :)

Greg.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep i was so set that it was the alternator that i was gonna replace it before march to get rid of the annoying sound. But hey if cutting a belt is all i had to do im more than happy haha!

Greg.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no i don't lol at least not yet :p. Im trying to save up enough for suspension and exhaust so bleh. Ill tell you if i need it next month haha, cause thats when im pulling it to fix my exhaust leak.

Greg.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts