MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else curious as to what they are putting down?

im thinkin we can get a good deal with enough people to rent out a dyno for a morning or something... dude down at apexr or whatever seems cool, im sure hed work with us

anyone interested?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*shrug*

wherever in tucson fine, thats the only place i know of that has a dyno down here, and its like 4 blocks from my place

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Word of advise, do not take your car to APEXR! I use to work behind them in a scooter shop and we would see their mistakes all day long. one imparticular that stands out would be when the installed springs on a civic and forgot to tighten the LCa bolt and sheered it when they pulled it in to the alley. it slammed down and the rim and tire went strait into the fender and bent it to sh$%. another story I heard was a guy brought his WRX in to get an exhaust put on and the forgot to tighten the mount bolst and the bolt from the mid section and they rattled loose and his exhaust fell off on the street. We would hear them pop motors every once in a while too, on the dyno.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Apex is ok now. I'm probably the last person you'd ever hear that from right?

Eric Woon (Ryan's brother) owns it now and has turned it around. That's where chemvolt dyno's his car, as well as all of the Supras in town now.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just want to get on a dyno and see what kind of power im making, not looking for a tune

so as long as they can strap down a car, and turn the dyno on, i think ill be ok

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
ASU's car club is having a dyno day soon, i'll see if they'll let non-members come as well... if you are all interested.

·
Registered
672 Posts
what Bout dyno comp in scottsdale? I have heard nothing but good things about them.
just a thought.......that's all

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Vivid Racing has a dyno but I bet they charge a lot to use it. Most of their stuff is more expensive than it is at other dealers...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Intense Motorsports, Extreme, ADS, ProDyno the list goes on and on... there are plenty of dyno's here in town but why? Unless you all have a way of tuning your cars why would you waste your money? No offence but I am just trying to understand... AFC and stand alone guys I understand but stockers? Other than that expect to be putting down about the same as everyone else give or take 5-15hp depending on abuse...

Mark

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
MR2 phatness said:
Apex is ok now. I'm probably the last person you'd ever hear that from right?

Eric Woon (Ryan's brother) owns it now and has turned it around. That's where chemvolt dyno's his car, as well as all of the Supras in town now.
Yeah, I've heard some bad stories about them a few years ago, but recently they have fabbed up some nice looking exhausts, from what I've seen, When I get my headers installed, I'm taking it to Apex Motorsports to make the exhaust for it.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I would take it to fullrace.

I say some boddy get a G-teck then we can all get to gearth and fave some fun. I would but I dont have a job.

Chris

1 - 20 of 23 Posts