MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to shift out of first, let it sit in neutral for a second before going into second gear when the tranny is cold, it's noticably worse in the winter time...once the tranny is warmed up after some driving it seems to do it much less noticably, sometimes it's perfectly smooth transition...

What can I use in the tranny oil to help this syncro issue? I have heard of GM or Pennzoil Syncro-Mesh being used...is it just an additive to the tranny oil? what grade oil should I use in the tranny? Thanks for the input.

- J

btw: the car is a 92, tranny is rebuilt about 3 years ago for a similar grind but previous owner said it was bad before. thanks.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
There is no weight or grade with the Pennzoil Synchromesh, its all just one thing. It is not an additive to the tranny oil, it is the tranny oil. Drain your tranny and fill it with the Synchromesh.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
93smg are you using pennzoil synchromesh in your transmission? Did you ever have any grinding in your transmission before or after the fluid change? THanks

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They have Pennzoil Synchromesh here at AutoZone for $5/quart. Anyone know how many quarts it takes to fill the tranny? I assume you fill the tranny oil just like on a Honda, till it starts coming out the fill plug hole?

- J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts