MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is this one? Some say it gets a bit leaky? Any experience? I'm gonna run 17ish psi.

·
Registered
953 Posts
yea i got it its nice its not too loud but its good it isnt annoying at all i havent started leaking yet if it really does leak after a while mine hasnt so i dunno about that its a good bov tho

·
Registered
837 Posts
it does have a very unique sound to it (somewhat chirpy) . I was running mine on 15 psi on my stock turbo for about 6 months and no leaks at all.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anybody try thsoe fake ones yet? I have a fake HKS right now and it works awesome.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I think it sounds great, i've had no problems with mine's and i was getting creep to 21 psi.

T

·
0 Posts
i dont really like the sound of the greddy type s, does anyone here run a rfl type h?, i want people to flinch when i shift

·
Registered
953 Posts
ahha yea well.. greddy is a good brand and they make good shiet so yea but other then that i hear the ssq one is freeking loud too

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
ek9max said:
How is this one? Some say it gets a bit leaky? Any experience? I'm gonna run 17ish psi.
If the air leaking from BOV is your concern, why don't you go with pull type like HKS SSQV? I got HKS and all I can say is :thumbup

JDMR2TT

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
tommyturbo said:
i dont really like the sound of the greddy type s, does anyone here run a rfl type h?, i want people to flinch when i shift

Some of there stuff is good. Some r just garbage.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JDMR2TT said:
If the air leaking from BOV is your concern, why don't you go with pull type like HKS SSQV? I got HKS and all I can say is :thumbup

JDMR2TT

Well to be honest, I have a fake HKS, and it works awesome. But I'm going back to teh stock IC piping and I have a greddy flange already. So I thought I Would try somethign new.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
The Greddy type-s works well. However, mine had a problem I discovered well after I bought it; the rubber diaphram was pinched between the two halves. This was the reason why it would leak. When I undid all the allen screws and looked at the diaphram it was very apparent that it had been assembled improperly. It cost me nearly $70 for a new diaphram and Greddy wouldn't pay for it. Getting that diaphram back on so it wouldn't pinch again was a real PITA too, so I wouldn't be surprised if there are lots of others out there with the same problem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts