MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about upgrading my turbo with the greddy t78 turbo kit . i have a 2nd gen 3sgte droped into my 91 mr2. i want to know what else i need to upgrade before i actually put in the new turbo kit. ie. fuel lines, manifold, etc...

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
OMG, no offense because I dont know your level of knowledge but that turbo is VERY laggy, like no power until 5000rpm's. If you are asking these kinds of questions, Im only imagining you should not be aiming for this kind of power. This turbo is like 700rwhp capable.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
yea you need a lot of supporting mods to run that turbo in its efficiency range, you cant just drop it in and call it a day if you want it to perform well. youd need fuel mods, head work, tuning etc.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Bboy83 said:
im thinking about upgrading my turbo with the greddy t78 turbo kit . i have a 2nd gen 3sgte droped into my 91 mr2. i want to know what else i need to upgrade before i actually put in the new turbo kit. ie. fuel lines, manifold, etc...
yeah you should definately research this turbo before buying....1st of all, you don't need to upgrade your manifold cause the turbo kit comes with one. now if your asking if you need to upgrade your intake manifold, then its another story. you weren't exactly clear on that....you also might want to upgrade the fuel system and get an ems....you're looking at spending a lot of money in other words. why not try getting a CT27, t3/t4 kit or a 20g kit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts