MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
My friend has a Greddy SP on his Turbo MR2, and it sounds pretty good. Nice and quiet. I have a Fujitsubo on mine, and it sound like the Greddy only better. See my review in the review section to read more about it. Another friend had the Greddy SP on his 92' NA and it sounded AMAZING. I loved his exhaust note. NA exhaust notes always sound better than turbo exhaust notes, unless they're from a screaming 1.6 liter VTec with a glasspack muffler. If you ever get the chance to hear the Greddy SP on an NA MR2, you will LOVE it. IN fact, my friend totalled his NA and his Greddy SP has just been sitting there on the back of his car in his backyard. He might sell it to you. Email me if interested. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Terrible2 said:
http://www.madpsi.net/MadPSI GReddy SP Exhaust.AVI

I love the way the exhaust sounds in that video. Anyone who has or has heard this exhaust, is that a pretty accurate representation? I don't know how modded that car is, would it sound about the same on my stock N/A?

I have a 93 turbo with a greddy sp that's being cut off this upcoming week for a 3" single exit and aussie b-pipe setup.

The SP is not as quiet as a stock exhaust. It has a lower tone at idle and at speed is slightly louder with the stock dp and cat.

My SP is now running with a 3" aussie dp no cat. It has a low rumble resonating enough to chirp car alarms if I pull next to them to
parallel park. At speed its slightly louder than stock with a lower tone.

I don't recommend it if you are looking for power because it is a 60mm inlet
wich is not even 2.5 inches :(......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really too concerned with the hp gains because I don't really know where I'm gonna go performance-wise with my car yet. I may opt for an engine swap in the long run so I don't want to put a lot of money in the 5SFE. I just want a good-sounding exhaust.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I'd sell mine for 65$ + shipping once its cut off in a week or so.
it's a bit beat up on the tips and the canister is scuff shined but hey it would get you by.

let me know.

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
i have aone as well in mint cond. practly new with less than 1k on it

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
yes and yes loved the sound it was great

·
Registered
81 Posts
Terrible2,

I have this exhaust on my 91T, best sound for people that want a low profile if you ask me. I have it mated to a 3" BT downpipe and a 2.75" Tanabe "B" pipe. I think it sounds great. The idle is really quiet, and it has a good deep sound driving down the road under boost. Very quiet around town, but matched with a 20b and a Apexi Intake, it really makes all the classic big turbo car sounds. I wouldn't suggest you get this exhaust if you are into IN YOUR FACE exhausts, but want something that looks/sounds a little more badass then stock. I think it would sound great on a N/A.

Personally, I think the car should have came from the factory with this exhaust.

Justin

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the input guys, I think I might be buying one soon. If I do, should I go ahead and replace the downpipe and what-not? Are there 2 pieces between the exhaust and the header?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I have the GReddy SP Exhaust on my 92 MKII turbo.
I also have both primary/secondary cats. gutted.
I thought the exhaust sound sould sound mean. However, to my disappointed is sounds the same as stock. The only difference in sound is the deep bassy sound on idle. Otherwise, it's just for looks. I only paid less than $100 for mine. Got a great deal

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
i know this has nothing to do with the sp exhaust...but i want to keep my car dual exhaust and i was wondering how the magnaflow from ko racing sounded?...i dont want a fart can...just something low

·
They call me LUCKY!
4,923 Posts
they have sound clips on their site

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
know this has nothing to do with the sp exhaust...but i want to keep my car dual exhaust and i was wondering how the magnaflow from ko racing sounded?...i dont want a fart can...just something low
I used to have a TKO. I really liked it when I had the primary cat in place, but once you remove it and get a downpipe, it becomes LOUD. Not NUR Spec loud, but too loud for a daily driver IMHO. EVERYONE on the national board will disagree with me. The buzz surrounding the TKO is intense; you'd think Jesus himself hand crafted that exhaust. It became very loud when revving over 3500 rpm, when going faster than *exactly* 60 mph on the freeway, and certainly during warm up and idle. I'd go through a parking garage and set of car alarms left and right. Loud does not equal quality sound. A lot of the local guys in my state don't much care for the TKO either. I tried to sell it locally, but nobody would buy it, so finally I sold it to someone from Canada. I hope he enjoys it. I like to drive my MR2 more than on the weekends, so for me, the Fujitusbo is perfect. I will never take that exhaust off my car, unless I'm finding out that at 300 rwhp it's robbing me of 20 hp. Even then, I'd probably just mod something else to compensate -- it's that good. If you can get it on GB or Holiday Special price, the TKO is still a good value for the performance you gain. Some will also be quick to point out that it sounds good if you have sound-dampening material installed throughout the car. But I think that you shouldn't have to band-aid your car to accomodate the exhaust. I managed to get my TKO for about $150 less than a new TKO and my Fujitsubo is brand new out of the factory. You probably won't find as good of a deal, but I think getting one for less than a TKO is still a very good possibility.

Then again, taste is so highly variable and subjective. After all, there were enough Seinfeld fans to make Jerry rich enough to never have to lift a finger again for life, Nsync became chart toppers despite those of us who remember New Kids on the Block, people actually went to Limp Bizkit concerts, Pauly Shore has a new DVD on the way, and people still think Iraq can become a democratic nation at gunpoint with half the country in ruins and no viable economy for the commonwealth (oh, but the next dictator will be rich -- very rich). So this is just one man's opinion. I didn't like the TKO. There. I said it. Let the stones fly :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
*pulls up lawn chair* I have to see this

I heard some where that the Greddy SP actually gave out a loss in power over stock, not sure how true that is but from the way it sounds it has something to muffle it, which probably restricts it.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Emartoo said:
After all, there were enough Seinfeld fans to make Jerry rich enough to never have to lift a finger again for life, Nsync became chart toppers despite those of us who remember New Kids on the Block, people actually went to Limp Bizkit concerts, Pauly Shore has a new DVD on the way, and people still think Iraq can become a democratic nation at gunpoint with half the country in ruins and no viable economy for the commonwealth (oh, but the next dictator will be rich -- very rich). So this is just one man's opinion. I didn't like the TKO. There. I said it. Let the stones fly :)
Thinking outside the box - go directly to jail. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. :D

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thinking outside the bun.. I'm going to taco bell =D

I am surprised there isn't flaming going on, I will give it another day then I will withdraw my lawn chair.

·
Premium Member
3,460 Posts
Emartoo.......where did u get the fujitsubo exhaust from?....are they dual or single...how much?....haha sorry for all the questions but after reading that the tko is pretty loud im having second thoughts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts